The surface mounted, windstorm rated solution
The HES 9600 Series Electric Strike is a windstorm rated, surface mounted electric strike designed to accommodate rim exit devices with a 3/4" throw latch. All components are completely encased within its 3/4" thick stainless steel housing. No cutting on the frame is required for installation. Simply place the electric strike on the surface of the frame, align it with the exit latchbolt and install. The outdoor rated HES 9600 Strike is field selectable for fail secure and fail safe operation, and for 12 or 24VDC.
The 9600 was the first surface mounted electric strike designed with the strength and durability required to exceed the severe forces of ANSI Windstorm testing.
9600 HES is one of the most popular electric strikes for rim exit devices because of the durability and trust that HES has.
When you see the term 9600*12 or 9600*24 it means one of these voltages.
- .45 Amps at 12 VDC continuous duty
- .25 Amps at 24 VDC continuous duty
- Installs in metal or wood frames
- Separate base and cover for easy adjustments
- Stainless steel construction
- Tamper resistant
- Static strength 2,000 lbs.
- Dynamic strength 120 ft-lbs.
- Endurance 1,000,000 cycles
- Field selectable fail safe/fail secure
- Dual voltage 12 or 24 VDC
- Horizontal adjustment
- Internally mounted solenoid
- Accommodates up to 3/4" Pullman latch
- Five-year limited warranty
- 9600 630 - Satin stainless steel
- 9600 605 - Bright brass
- 9600 606 - Satin brass
- 9600 612 - Satin bronze
- 9600 613 - Bronze toned
- 9600 613E - Dark oxidized satin bronze
- 9600 629 - Bright stainless steel
Looking for tips on installation or maintenance? See the 9600 Tech Tip.
Patent pending and/or patent assaabloydss.com/patents
The HES 9600 series is sold as a complete, pre-assembled model. For additional information, consult HES Customer Support at 1-800-626-7590.
- 9000-108 1/8" Spacer plate
- 9000-116 1/16" Spacer plate
- SMB - Surface mounting box
- 9000-MTK Metal Template Kit
- 2001M - Plug-in bridge rectifier
- 2004M - ElectroLynx® adapter
- 2005M3 - SMART Pac III™
- 2006M - Plug-in buzzer
- HES 9600 Catalog Page
- HES 9000 Family Brochure
- HES 9600 Installation
- HES 9600 Dimensional Drawings
- HES Compatibility Chart
- HES Lock Cross Reference Chart
- Electric Strike Overview Brochure
- Electric Strike Selector Guide
Certifications and Listings
- ANSI 250.13-2003 Severe Windstorm listed
- Florida Building Code Approved (FL#14307)
- UL 1034 burglary-resistant listed and suitable for outdoor use
- UL 294 listed
- UL 305 listed
- ANSI/BHMA, A156.31 Grade 1 (#E09731, #E09732, #E09373)
- RoHS compliant